Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Perfect Coat

One morning, the husband and I decided to take a mini roadtrip to a Coach Outlet to use up my gift card.  (Check out that rocking new purse!  Only spent $30 on it!)

This is what I wore that morning.  Skinny jeans, Uggs, NY&Co. Coat, Polka Dot Scarf.

I actually laughed because my husband hated that I "dressed up"... What??  Under my coat I was wearing a hoodie :)  I think he was focused on my hair.  Lucky for me, I did the wonderful sock bun overnight and took it out so I didn't have to worry about washing, blow drying and styling my hair for the day :)

Back to the coat!  I got a steal on this!  I waited impatiently  for this beauty to go on sale.  I can't remember the full price.. I want to say it was over a hundred and I believe I scored it for $50, along with a gift card I received, I only spent about $10 on this! 

What I love about this coat:  The military inspired buttons!  They are just darling!  And they are EVERYWHERE.  On the cuffs, the back and of course on the front to bundle up.

The RUFFLES!  The bottom of this coat has a three tiered flat ruffle.  You think that it may enhance your booty and hips, but since they lay flat, they work!  YES!!!!  I'm a sucker for ruffles and hate that I can't always wear ruffles from head to toe!

Next best thing?!  THE BELTED SASH!  This is key  for us!  It really enhances our tiny waists.  I tie it instead of belting it.  It's a quick and easy way to snuggle up and I love the effortless  feel to it!

And who can go wrong with this COLOR!?  Olive?  If you asked me a few years back, I would of thought you were joking!  I don't know how my taste expanded but I'm now a full sucker for anything olive!  And maybe it's because I have green eyes? :)  It's a mystery unknown!

(Coat:  NY&Co:  Gift card + $10, Uggs:  Gift, Jeggings: Target $20, Polka Dot Scarf: Handmade Gift, Coach: Gift card + $30, Flower Hair Clip:  Made by ME)

No comments:

Post a Comment