Sunday, February 19, 2012

Refreshed

What a break!  I escaped to Florida for a week exploring the Naples area and the Keys.  Even though it rained almost every day, it was a wonderful time and beat the bitter cold I returned to.  It was great to feel the sand between my toes and the warm breeze, fresh tomatoes, palm trees.. All in February!  Such a nice change...  And before leaving to Florida, my husband and I ordered the Hunger Games (by Suzanne Collins) on our Kindles.  Before the end of the week, we already started book two.  If you haven't had a chance to read this trilogy yet, I highly recommend it and am so thankful for all those who have recommended it to me!

As well as reading, I tried new things.. Such as gator nuggets, a bite of a red snapper, and even a fish my husband caught when he went fishing.  I am terrible at trying new things, so the few I did try, I was proud :)  It's hard to get me to open up to new foods.

Here are a few of my favorite outfits worn during the week:

This wonderful dress and adorable purse were gifts from my mother in law.  The dress was clearanced out at $15 and the purse was $10. 

This is a swimsuit cover up from Target that I wore as dress.  After drooling over the $39 one at VS, I finally snatched this one up... for $5! :)  The scarf was made by me and the gladiator wedges were also scored at Target for $8.

A quick swimsuit cover up.  Long button down tunic (Target), shorts (Kohls) and the flip flops were a splurge when I was in Jamaica on our honeymoon.  They are Havannas.




Outfit Details:  Top - Purchased from a cute boutique in Michigan, orig. $55, bought it for $30.  Shorts:  $10 from NY&Co., Oversized Flower:  Made by me., Gray Sweater - Old Navy, $8, Purse:  Coach, and the necklace and watch that I'm wearing here were scored from the Flea Market while I was down here (see below)



Outfit Details:  Dress - Target for $8, Wedges - (see above), Clutch - Gift, Flower - NY&Co. $5 

Here are just *some* of the great finds I found while down there!  I went to my very first Bealls Outlet store.  Reminded me a lot of a Marshall's or TJ Maxx.  I scored this bikini for $15!  TOTAL.  I am just so in love with the colors.


Here are some other finds I found.  You'll see the watch and necklace/earring set I was wearing above.  All the fun jewelry in the center was $1.  I LOVE flea markets :)  Along with this, I bought flip flops for $6, a few pins and some more jewelry. 

I'm glad to be home but am very eager for spring! :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give me a date and time, Lady and I'll be there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,,

    Wow, what an amazing vacation this would be. The photos are all beautiful and exotic-looking. Well this is an absolute nice trip story of goa.Thanks on your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it.more info

    anyways thanks again & keep sharing
    personalized photo mugs

    ReplyDelete