Friday, March 15, 2013

Date Night : Oz, The Great and Powerful

This was posted on 3/13/13 and has since vanished.
Reposting it now.
(For today's actual post, view it here)

Saw Oz last night!
I'm getting spoiled with these recent date nights we've been having!
It was such a great night and a wonderful movie!
I thoroughly enjoyed it and will probably be seeing it again with my mom.

In case you've been hiding under a rock, Oz, The Great and Powerful is a prequel to the classic movie, The Wizard of Oz.  It follows how Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs (better known as Oz) arrives to the magical Land of Oz.

It's a great backstory and I thought the casting was dead on!

James Franco pulled off the sleazy, sneaky Oz character perfectly!
As does Mila Kunis, as the beautiful and "heart on the sleeve wearing", Thedora!
And Rachel Weisz as her gorgeous older sister, Evanora.

And although I'm not a huge fan of Michelle Williams, she always seems to deliver. 
She is as mesmerizing and as beautiful as Glinda always seems.

China Doll (Joey King) kicks butt (and is totally adorbs!) and who doesn't want their very own Finley (Zach Braff)!



We won't talk about the flying monkeys baboons...
As if you weren't terrified of them from the original, Disney made them even more frightful. 
There's a few times I actually jumped.
Ridiculous...

P.S.  I think my husband was a little too excited when he saw that Bruce Campbell was in it. 
It went well with his "Army of Darkness" tee he sported last night ;)

As any Oz fan would, you find yourself comparing to the original classic.
Try to avoid that.  I did. 
 Nothing will ever compare to such a classic,
so why set yourself up for disappointment before even entering the theater?

Although, this movie was pretty fantastic, in my opinion!
(The added humor was a nice bonus!)
If you don't agree, think back to the horrendous, Return to Oz.

Without giving away too much, I'll leave you with this:

The special effects were outstanding, and the storyline was so believable in regards to the original!

And I loved the traces to The Wizard of Oz throughout the film.

(Such as the movie being set in black and white in the beginning!)

 :)

Nice play, Disney!

I cannot wait to see it again!

And there's already a word of a sequel?

**SQUEAL**


What I wore:


{Outfit Details}
Top:  DIY
Cardi:  Goodwill (Brand: Merona)
Earrings:  Charming Charlies (clearanced)
Bracelets: Target (recent, clearanced)
Scarf:  LLT

I had a few different items paired with my Oz top in my head but they are MIA right now.
So I settled for this.
:)
 
We're so awesome!
:)


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, that movie sounds great! I always loved the Oz books, so I'll have to check this movie out (: And you look so chic! Your scarf and cardi are perfect.

    ReplyDelete