Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bubble Gum + Wine & DIY Project


“We can’t be lovers because we both have mustaches. But since you’re a lady, and I’m a gentleman, I’ll shave mine off.”
- Jarod Kintz




{Outfit Details}

Coat:  Target, gift

Top: VS : Similar

Crochet Skirt:  Forever 21, clearanced : Similar style in lace

Leggings:  VS

Boots:  Target,  clearanced

Necklace:  Forever 21




{Pinned it, Did it}

Easy, peasy DIY!

I saw this over at 4 You With Love  and pinned it immediately.

I love my Bath and Body candles... I make them last forever because I can't get myself to toss the pretty jar.  After seeing this simple, easy tutorial, I want to burn all my candles so I can start getting organized!

What You Do:
  Burn one of your favorite candles until it's done.  (I had a fresh balsam that was almost finished so I burned that sucker all day, Sunday.  Smelled like Christmas in my house!)

After your candle is all burnt out, let it cool to room temperature and then stick it in your freezer.  I did what she did and kept it in there overnight.

The next day, I took it out and the wax was indeed cracked.  So I took a spoon & knife and scooped it all out.  Scrubbed it nice and clean, and ran hot water over the labels to peel those off.
(I skipped the ziplock bag tip)

Now it's a new storage for my q-tips!

{I will be making her homemade lotion soon... Maybe after I burn another candle so I have a tub to store it in}


6 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so pretty and I love your hair! And how cute is this skirt, please?
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. bhahaha loving the quote.....and the necklace for that matter!!
    brooke @ what2wear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to put that quote on a shirt.... Seriously... ;)

      Delete
  3. Look at all that snow! So jealous! I love the sweet pink color combo you've got going on - perfect for Valentines Day!

    I recently did something similar with an old candle jar - I am so excited about the freezer trick so I can add to my (way to large) glass jar collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote is too funny! I love your curls and the pretty lace skirt, such a good color combo for February! Usually I am not a huge pink person but I have been loving pink and red lately, tis the season :)
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete