Monday, February 4, 2013

Shopping + Disney + Tango




I love last minute plans... They make for the best weekends.

Friday I went thrifting... (No surprise there - You can see my findings and new favorite song here)

Saturday morning, after another vicious fight with T-Mobile, my husband and I decided to jump out of our contract (early.. boo...) and bought brand new phones and switched to Verizon (YAY!) It was well worth it with what T-Mobile was coming up with. 
 (After being a customer of theirs for six years, I was done... I've never been so disappointed before in my life) 
 As much as I hate that the company won again, I *am* thankful for my new phone.  It's so refreshing to have something that won't freeze, won't yell at me that I'm "low on space", that isn't beat up and old.
  I've been playing with it for hours.. Downloading apps that I've always wanted to download.  Sigh... It's the simple things in life.

One of my newest apps is Tango.  Its a lot like Skype and FaceTime.  Matt called me on Sunday while I was out with Katy.  I was upset that my Thrift Shop ringtone wasn't going off until Katy pointed out that the ringtone was Tango's.  So I answered and there my husband's lovely face was... waiting for me.  
Best.app.ever!
I can't wait for more video chats...  
He even called me today at work just because he wanted to see me. 
{awwww} 

After phone shopping, my husband went off to work as I headed to Katy and Mark's new home with burritos in tow... From a little ol' place called El Faro's.  Best.burritos.ever. 

And K&M's house is so sweet!  I absolutely love it!  Driving to their house took me back down memory lane for when I lived out that way.  Maybe I will again in a few years ;)

On Sunday,  I picked up just a few things (two clearanced necklaces from Charming Charlies and Forever 21 and a thermal from VS - The long sleeved ones are $15 right now!)
Our time was cut short, so I am running back out tonight to a few stops we missed
(including a return to Forever 21 since I passed on a mustache necklace that I cannot stop thinking about... Silly me.) 

{"M"/$4/Charming Charlie's- Layered Chain/$4.99/Forever21}

She went off to go watch the Superbowl.  I, on the other hand, went straight home and relaxed.
I don't get football.  I tried learning quite a few times but I'm still a bit totally clueless when it comes to downs/flags/tackles, etc.  I just can't seem to get into it.  But, give me a football movie, and I'm all over it.  (Remember the Titans and The Longest Yard, anybody?) 

So, I put in The Princess and the Frog (Thank you, Katy!)
{Image found on Google Images}

Definitely a new favorite!  Louis, the gator, had me giggling and laughing uncontrollably.  Sigh..
I really had no idea what it was about...  except that Tiana turned into a frog...

How was the half time show?
I was too involved in the movie to switch to live tv. :)

And yes, I may have cried a bit durning P&F...
Shhh...

3 comments:

  1. hahah i watched the princess and the frog the other day on disney for the first time with my 17 month old and i have to say i fell in love with it!!!!
    brooke @ what2wear

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I Love Princess Frog! (Don't tell him I just said that). I secretly imagine myself to be Tiana :).

    ReplyDelete